Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Teen Naturalists Club will run a modified program for the 2021-2022 year until further notice.
- There will be no fee for 2021 if you paid a membership for 2020.
- New members are welcome to register provided there is still space available. Please register by September 6, 2021. The fee for new members is $20.
- If you intend to register, please call Anne Robertson ASAP at 613-389-6742 or e mail email@example.com
- Online registration is NOT available for the Teen Naturalists Club as express parental consent is required. Please fill out the registration form and mail with fee (address on form).
- 13 to 17 year olds
- to appreciate and learn about local natural history
- to enjoy the natural environment
- to experience various research and field techniques
- to be comfortable out of doors in any weather at any season
- to be involved in advocacy and projects to benefit the natural environment
Indoor meetings are normally held once a month from September to June. We are still hoping to have twice monthly indoor Thursday evening meetings but securing rooms is not yet possible. As of August 17 Ontario will not lift pandemic restrictions for the foreseeable future.
Field trips will be held at the end of each month on a Saturday.
Teen naturalists participate in a wide variety of activities. These have included excursions to bird banding and butterfly tagging sites, geology (rock and fossil) identification and collection, plant identification, and habitat investigations. Participants take part in hiking, canoeing and cross country skiing along the way! Learning about habitat restoration, inventory techniques and preservation of species in a hands-on way are important activities.
Teen Naturalists Logo
The Teen logo of a migrating Canada Goose represents the migration of a Teen Naturalist from the Junior program to an adult membership. It was developed by the Teens of 2014-2015 from an idea by Michael Jaansalu and has been produced as a patch to sew onto a cap, pack or sweatshirt.