Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Teen Naturalists Club will run a modified program for the 2020-2021 year until further notice.
- All past members will be accepted provided they register by September 12, 2020.
- New members are welcome to register provided there is still space available. Please register by September 12, 2020.
- If you intend to register, please call Anne Robertson ASAP at 613-389-6742 or e mail email@example.com
- Online registration is NOT available for the Teen Naturalists Club as express parental consent is required. Please fill out the registration form and mail with fee (address on form).
- 13 to 17 year olds
- to appreciate and learn about local natural history
- to enjoy the natural environment
- to experience various research and field techniques
- to be comfortable out of doors in any weather at any season
- to be involved in advocacy and projects to benefit the natural environment
Meetings are held once a month from September to June. Most meetings are held as field trips, usually on a Saturday.
Teen naturalists participate in a wide variety of activities. These have included excursions to bird banding and butterfly tagging sites, geology (rock and fossil) identification and collection, plant identification, and habitat investigations. Participants take part in hiking, canoeing and cross country skiing along the way! Learning about habitat restoration, inventory techniques and preservation of species in a hands-on way are important activities.
Teen Naturalists Logo
The new Teen logo of a migrating Canada Goose represents the migration of a Teen Naturalist from the Junior program to an adult membership. It was developed by the Teens of 2014-2015 from an idea by Michael Jaansalu and has been produced as a patch to sew onto a cap, pack or sweatshirt.