- NEW MEMBERS will be welcome at the 9 January meeting. Please register by 15 December. Call Anne 613 389 6742 or e mail email@example.com
- Online registration is NOT available for the Junior Naturalists Club as express parental consent is required.
- 6 to 12 year olds
- max. 80 juniors, in 4 age groups
- to foster natural history interests in youth
- to enhance awareness of the natural world
- to provide enjoyment for young people through program activities
Indoor meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday evening of each month, 6:30 to 8:00pm, from September to May. Field trips are held on a Saturday once a month.
The themes for meetings and trips are natural history oriented — the emphasis is on investigation and fun! Hands-on activities, games and discussions are used to reflect the topic of each meeting. Club members are encouraged to keep up their natural history interests over the summer months. The Roland Beschel Prize and the Nan Yeomans Prize are presented once a year to junior naturalists who complete nature projects. The Stirrett Scholarship is available each year to a worthy junior naturalist to attend a nature camp.
Summer Projects. Projects completed over the summer will be due October 25
- Roland Beschel Prize. This prize is for a project done over the summer. A collection or observing and recording something in nature are suitable
- Nan Yeomans Prize. This prize is for a diary recording observations over the summer. Once a day or once a week- your choice
- Photo Competition. Up to three photos taken over the summer with a short description.
Camp Scholarship The Stirrett Scholarship is available for a Junior Naturalist to attend a Nature Camp. Application deadline is April 1. Please ask Anne for details. Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority Nature Explorers Camp is for 6-11 year olds, eight week long sessions. Google: CRCA Nature Camp Day Camp. Eco Adventure Camp is for 8-14 year olds at ELEEC (Elbow Lake Environmental Education Centre); seven week long sessions. Google: Eco-adventure Camp Kingston
T-shirts and sweatshirts with the Junior logo may be ordered at meetings in September and October only.